Sunday, April 9, 2017

More Than Robotics.

Recently, I was confronted about this blog and what we will be posting about. I was told by a reader, "You should do a post on dress codes and how it's biased against girls. I know your blog is about robotics, except I think it's also about girl power, and I feel like dress codes are an important issue that almost every girl has or is experiencing." First off, I would like to say thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know what you'd like to hear. Feel free to do this whenever. Leave a comment on one of our posts letting us no what you would like to hear from us. Second, I think this made me open my eyes. I read over some of our posts keeping in mind the question: "What are we trying to deliver to our readers through this blog?" Part of the point of this blog is to use it to reach out to readers and let them know who we are. This raises another a question: "What do we want our readers to know we stand for?" I want everyone to know that we're not just a robotics team of all girls trying to raise awareness for the lack of girls in STEM fields, but we are also seeking justice and equality for girls. Not just justice and equality for girls seeking a place in a STEM field, but for girls that have ever been turned away, oppressed, or poorly treated because of their gender.
From now on, we will be posting about things that matter... and robotics. This will be a blog to discuss current issues jeopardizing the safety and comfortability women have. I am excited to announce this. With the help of the blog and our readers, we can be able to make waves. Let's change how women are treated. We can start in our state, next our country, then the world. Let's show them who's boss.
Creds to Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment